Monday, February 18, 2008

The new car was suppose to be the event of the weekend, but it wasn't. The hospital was.

My Hosptial Stay.

Mommy why do they have me caged. Jaxson was running back in forth in his crib until we put on baby Einstein. Then and only then would he sit down and be calm. He was a good
sport about the whole thing. I was just worried while running and jumping in his crib
he would pull out his IV. That was my biggest fear.
Finally we were transferred to a hospital that had a bed for Jaxson.
This was our ride in the ambulance. He did very well. How many 17 month old
babies have riden in an ambulalnce.

Because of his IV he could not go for walks, so this was the next best thing. Daddy took him for a ride with his IV line and all. He enjoyed his ride alot. He wanted to get out of the "cage" more than I could even imagine.

After 15-20 minutes of struggling with Jaxson to get a line into his dehydrated body, they allowed us to come back into the room. The only thing that finally got him calmed down was reciting Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do You See. Thank goodness we had it memorized.

The short version of what happened- here we go. Friday night the night we bought the car, my mom watched Jaxson and she told us that he was wheezing when she put him down. This was not uncommon for him, so I didn't think much of it. However, the next morning he was taking very short shallow breaths and was having a very difficult time. We didn't change the car seat over, so I couldn't take him to the doctor and I thought it might get better. Well he wasn't getting better, and I could just see how tired he was so finally by 8:45 PM I called Tyson to come home from a ward activity. Jaxson had fallen asleep for about one hour when we took him in.

I made my mistake taking him to an ER without a pediatric wing. I was so upset I wasn't thinking clearly. On the other hand they got him in right away. We waited about ten minutes. The nurse was not liking how he was breathing and took us right back to see the doctor. As mentioned before due to dehydration the IV was a nightmare. Jaxson is so strong a nurse had to lie on top of him to hold him down while the other nurse tried to find a vein.

They took a chest x-ray and it appeared that it could be pneumonia, and his breathing treatments helped, but not enough. We would be admitted. The problem was that within a 30-50 mile radius there were no rooms for children, so we slept in the ER of San Dimas. Good times. Jaxson slept Tyson and I did not. By 4:45 am I was so exhausted I texted Tyson, who was trying to sleep in the new van, to come in. I took off to home to get a few hours of sleep. I have to worry about the babies as well.

By afternoon they had us at Pomona Valley Hospital where we shared the room with another little girl with pneumonia. They were LDS too. We stayed one more night and were released on Monday afternoon. He still is wheezing, but the medication they gave seems to be helping.
Jaxson was so thrilled to be home. He was very very tired when we got home and fell asleep on the way home, but once we got home there was no way he was going into the "cage". He played, took a bath, and fell asleep for two hours. Thank goodness we are home in our own beds tonight.


Jon said...

See here

Doushura said...

For a more complete comments, I would advise you to be more detailed information, for example
here or here

The Cahoons! said...

Jenn! That is so scary! I had no idea! I'll come by later to see if you need anything!

The George's said...

What a scary weekend. Glad you are all home and doing better. Wow, new van, Who would've thought. You'll love it. I love mine and it's even better when Tyson starts enjoying it as much as you.

Tara said...

Congratulations on twins! That is so exciting! I've only known people with 2 of each until just recently. I reunited with a friends from H.S., Anna, and they have 1 boy and 1 girl. Zealand and Zienna (and an older brother, Zane). I have added pictures on my most recent posts. Anyway, I've been staying with Anna while her husband Paul has been away for 2 weeks and I have been having so much fun with them. They are 18 months... such a fun age! Goodluck with all of your babies, I hope Jaxson feels better and Congrats on the van. That's what Anna has and she loves it!

Fox said...

Sorry. Look please here